A Recipe for German Chocolate Cake
Everyone needs a basic recipe for German Chocolate Cake in their recipe box. Ours is an easy, basic recipe that will satisfy hard-core chocoholics needs for sweetness. If you've never baked a German Chocolate Cake before, this is the one for you.
When you do try this recipe for German Chocolate Cake, let us know. Or if you have your own favorite recipe for this cake drop us a line and share it with our readers!
Here are the easy instructions:
A Recipe for German Cake RecipeIngredients for the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (3 1/2 ounces) flaked coconut, or approximately 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease and flour two 8-inch baking pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, butter, sour cream eggs, chocolate, milk and vanilla. Beat with a mixer at low speed until blended. Increase mixer speed to high and beat 2 minutes more.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans and place in the oven.
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove to racks and cool completely.
Instructions for the Cake:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the evaporated milk, brown sugar and butter fo a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. When the cake is cool, place one layer on a serving platter. Spoon half of the coconut mixture onto the layer. Top with the remaining cake layer and top with the remaining coconut mixture.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top