Still Delicious, Try Our Plain Cheesecake Recipes!
Stripped down to the basics, plain cheesecake recipes "take the cake" for best dessert idea! Even without the fancy fillers, sauces and decoration, they still remain creamy, smooth and sophisticated. I've said it before and I'll say it again...."I love cheesecakes! So plain and simple, standing on a plate unadorned and without a lot of embellishments....plain cheesecake recipes still rock my cheesecake world.
Here's a favorite made famous by "Eli's Cheesecake" in Chicago.
What's your favorite? Let us know by clicking here.
One of Our Plain Cheesecake Recipes:For the Crust
- 6 TB unsalted butter, softened and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 large eggs
- melted butter for greasing the pan
2. Empty the mixture into an 8-inch springform pan (I used an 8 1/2" pan with no problems) and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 350°F. Prick the chilled crust several times with a fork and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position, maintaining the oven temperature at 350°F.
4. For the filling: Beat the cream cheese on medium-low speed to break it up and soften it, about 1 minute. .Add half the sugar and beat on medium-low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Beat in the remaining sugar, flour, and salt until combined, another minute. Scrape the bowl. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat for a minute. Add the yolk and beat for another minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat for a minute after each addition, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
5. Brush the sides of the cooled springform pan with melted butter. Set the pan on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any spills. Pour the filling onto the cooled crust and bake until the cheesecake is firm around the edges and barely jiggles in the center, around 50-60 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 3 hours, then wrap tightly with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 4 days.
6. Unmold the cheesecake about 30 minutes before you want to serve it. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream and/or some fresh strawberries.
Some Important Tips for Baking Our Plain Cheesecake Recipes:1) all your ingredients should be at room temperature!
2) combine everything on low or medium speed (do not over mix)!
3) running the tip of a sharp knife around the top edge right after baking, plus cooling to room temperature before refrigerating will keep the cake from cracking.
4) If you follow these tips I guarantee that they'll work!
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top