Don't Know What to Do With All Those Peaches? Bake a Peach Coffee Cake!
I've been buying up lots of peaches and found an easy peach coffee cake recipe that I'd like to share with you. In researching this page, I found lots of recipes that called for peach preserves or canned peaches, but in tribute to the end of summer, I chose a recipe that calls for the real deal!
A big "THANKS" goes out to Rachel Rappaport for sharing her photo of her Ginger Peach Streusel Cake! Rachel shares her original recipes on her blog. Be sure and visit her there!
As always, let us know how this recipe worked out for you or if you'd like one of your favorite recipes featured on our site, please drop us a line.!
Start a Cookbook Collection Today!
So treat yourself or buy a gift for your favorite chef by clicking here to purchase Simple Home Baking.
Peach Coffee Cake RecipeIngredients:
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter
- 1/2 cup each granulated and packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, soda and salt
- 3 or 4 firm ripe peaches
- Nut Topping (directions follow)
In a small bowl, stir together:
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. finely chopped almonds or walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and granulated and brown sugars, beat until creamy. Add egg and beat until fluffy, then beat in sour cream and almond extract.
3. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed or stir by hand just until blended. Spoon into a 9 x 13-inch square pan.
4. Peel and slice peaches 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick to make 2 cups of fruit. Arrange evenly over batter, then sprinkle nut topping over all.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center (between fruit pieces) comes out clean.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top