Try My Easy Coconut Cupcake Recipe
This weekend I decided to make a coconut cupcake recipe for Friday night dessert. I hadn't baked cupcakes for a while and you know what? This recipe was one of the best cupcake recipes I've ever baked! Too bad my photo doesn't do them justice!
If you've got your own favorite coconut cupcake recipe....send it in to us. And your photography's got to be better than mine, so attach your picture, too. I can't wait to hear from you :)
Now...on to the ingredients.....Enjoy!
Crazy About Cupcakes?
My Coconut Cupcake RecipeIngredients:
For the cupcakes:
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut
For the frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, softened
- 3 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Line twenty-four 2 1/2 inch muffin pan cups with fluted paper liners. (Do not use foil liners as the cupcakes will not bake evenly.)
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, buttermilk, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and sugar using a mixer on low speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Be careful not to over mix. Fold the coconut in.
3. Spoon batter into muffin pan cups.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Immediately remove cupcakes from the pans and cool completely on wire rack.
5. For the frosting, beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth. Add the softened butter and continue mixing on medium speed. Add the powdered sugar slowly, mixing on low speed, until combined. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until fluffy (a couple of minutes).
6. When the cupcakes are cooled, frost them and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
That's it! Add this coconut cupcake recipe to your own recipe file!
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top