Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
Let us know how this chocolate mud cake recipe worked out for you. If you have your own favorite recipe for this cake drop us a line and share it with our readers!
A Chocolate Mud Cake RecipeIngredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
- 5 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 275° F.
2. Sift the flour, salt and the baking powder together ensuring it is mixed in well.
3. Combine the coffee, bourbon or brandy, chocolate and butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler. Heat until the chocolate and butter have melted, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Continue beating until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Raise the speed to medium and add the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well, then beat in the eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
6. Pour the batter into a generously greased 3-quart bundt pan that has been dusted lightly with cocoa powder of flour. Adjust the rack so the cake will bake in to p half of the oven. Bake for about an hour an d20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then unmold onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
When the cake is cooled, dust lightly with cocoa powder. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired, or drizzle with chocolate or vanilla glaze.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top