Chocolate Mousse Cake
The idea of baking a chocolate mousse cake may sound daunting to a more novice baker. But if you really want to knock the socks off someone and "WOW" them with your baking abilities...then try this recipe. What's so cool about any baking endeavor is that it's all about following instructions, right? So read through this recipe once, gather up all the ingredients and bowls and mixers and then just work throught the instructions step by step.
It's easy....I promise!
Chocolate Mousse CakeCake Ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 lb. sweet chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 4 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and gradually add the sugar. Blend well after each addition. Add the lemon juice.
4. Heat the milk without boiling it.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the beaten egg mixture in four stages. Pour the heated milk directly into the batter and stir well.
6. Pour the batter into a round 8-inch unbuttered cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Remove form the oven and let stand to cool on a wire rack.
7. Once cooled, slice horizontally to make 3 layers.
Instructions for the Mousse:
1. Melt the chocolate squares with 3 tablespoons water in the top of a double boiler.
2. Add the sugar and stir. Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
3. Add unbeaten egg and stir well.
4. Whip the cream.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture, then fold in the egg whites.
7. Spread between each cake layer and on top and sides of cake.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top