Chocolate Ganache Cake
This was my first experience in baking a chocolate ganache cake and I wondered, "Just what is ganache anyway?" Well, I took out my trusty Webster's Dictionary and guess what? I couldn't find the word. So I "googled" it for lack of a better resource and this is what I found....
Ganache is a French term referring to a smooth mixture of chopped chocolate and heavy cream. The origins of ganache are debatable but it is believed to have been invented around 1850. Some say it originated in Switzerland where it was used as a base for truffles. Others say it was invented in Paris at the Patisserie Siravdin. In short, ganache is generally poured over cakes or cookies to form a smooth glossy coating.
Now that we've got a general idea of what we're talking about....let's get going with our recipe!
Chocolate Ganache CakeIngredients:
- 1/4 pound butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) can of Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1. Preheat oven to 325° F (170° C).
2. Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan. Place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan after greasing.
3. Cream the buttter and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add the eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the syrup and vanilla..
6. Add the flour and mix until just combined...do not overmix as this will cause the cake to become too tough.
7. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until done.
8. Cool thoroughly in the pan.
9. For the ganache, cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
10. Place the cake upside down on a wire rack and pour the glaze evenly over the top, making sure to cover the entire cake and sides.
11. Do not refrigerate.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top