A Moist and Chewy Vegan Brownie Recipe!
You'll never believe this is a vegan brownie recipe. It's soooo good, moist and chewy....
it'll become one of your favorite recipes!
Every weekend you'll find me in the kitchen baking up a storm. This week we're trying a new vegan brownie recipe from veganchocolate.com. While I'm not a true vegan by any means, I still understand and respect thier beliefs and practices. And with more recipes like this one...maybe I'll become a true convert yet!
If you're in the mood for sharing and have an easy brownie recipe, then please send it in! We'd love to hear from you!
Our thanks go out to Carolyn for the use of her photo. Just click on her name to discover what a talented photographer she is!
In the meantime, enjoy the recipe!
A Vegan Brownie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or carob chips
Glaze for extra decadence
- 7 ounces dark Belgian chocolate (optional)
- 5 ounces margarine (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x9-inch pan.
1. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the coffee, soy milk, and oil.
3. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix; then stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter (it will be quite liquidy) into a greased 9x9" pan.
5. Bake at 325º for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. For a smaller pan, the baking time could be substantially longer.
7. For glaze- melt the chocolate and margarine and whisk, then drizzle over brownies.
Recipe Source: Vegan Chocolate.com
Thanks for visiting our site and just remember:
It's a Piece of Cake!