Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
The hardest thing about this Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake Recipe is unwrapping the caramels....so you know that this is a super easy recipe.
This is a favorite among my friends. I always get RAVE reviews for it.
Speaking of favorites...what's your favorite cheesecake recipe? Let us know by clicking here.
Thanks...and happy baking!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) package of individually wrapped caramels
- 1 (5-ounce) can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels with the evaporated milk. Heat and stir frequently until smooth. Pour the caramel sauce into the crust and top with pecans.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and beat well until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Melt the chocolate and blend into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the chocolate batter over the pecans.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the filling is set. Loosen the cake from the edges of the pan, but do not remove the rim until completely cooled.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Some Important Tips:1) all your ingredients should be at room temperature!
2) combine everything on low or medium speed (do not over mix)!
3) running the tip of a sharp knife around the top edge right after baking, plus cooling to room temperature before refrigerating will keep the cake from cracking.
4) If you follow these tips I guarantee that they'll work!
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2008. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top