An Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Here's my take on an easy chocolate cake recipe--easy ingredients, easy preparation, one bowl and easy clean up! It's that simple...even a kid could make this recipe. That's right...this recipe can be mastered by anyone whether you have baking experience or not. One bowl makes for easy clean up, but we haven't sacrificed good taste!
Take my word for it....you'll want to add this recipe to your repertoire!
A shout out of "Thanks!" goes out to Claire for the great photo. Here's what Claire had to say about our site:
"Your website looks good! I love the idea of providing easy recipes for baked goods -- so many people don't realize how easy it is to make a cake from scratch. And it tastes so much better too!
Best of luck with your site,
An Easy Chocolate Cake RecipeIngredients:
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
1. All ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
3. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) layer cake pans.
4. Sift together the flour, sugar,soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
5. Add shortening, eggs, vanilla, milk and water. Beat on low speed for three minutes, then pour into your prepared pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pans on a rack for 15 minutes, then turn the layers out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 6 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
Chop the chocolate and place it in double boiler and melt over low heat.
Stir until just melted and set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a bowl, beat the butter until light yellow and fluffy (approximately 3 minutes).
Add the egg yolk and vanilla and continue beating for another 3 minutes.
Gradually add the powdered sugar and then beat at medium speed.
Dissolve the coffee in 2 teaspoons of hot tap water. Add the chocolate and coffee to the butter mixture and mix until blended. Don't whip! Spread ASAP on the cooled cake.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top