Try This Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
Nothing beats our chocolate pound cake recipe for good taste, simple elegance and easy baking! It's so tasty it can stand alone--it doesn't need fancy glazes or other embellishments. It's a classic and a great choice for any occasion....or no occasion at all:) In other words....you don't need an excuse for making this cake...JUST DO IT! It won't disappoint you...you have my guarantee!
Let us know how this chocolate pound cake recipe worked out for you or if you'd like one of your favorite recipes featured on our site, please drop us a line.!
Thanks go out to Amanda for letting us use her picture. Check out her photos at flicker.com.
Chocolate Pound Cake RecipeIngredients:
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300° F (180° C).
2. Grease a fluted Bundt pan.
3. Beat one cup of butter until creamy and then add the sugar, one cup at a time. Beat well.
4. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture with the sour cream, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and place in the oven.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then turn off the oven. Leave the cake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, then invert the pan and remove the cake.
Note: A traditional American pound cake would contain one pound each of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. This recipe is quite popular in Southern states and is usually a staple at picnics and potlucks. American pound cakes are lighter but often contain an abundance of butter to provide a rich taste and are considered a staple in the cuisine of the southern United States.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top