Eli's Famous Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This chocolate chip cheesecake recipe is quickly becoming an old standby at my house. After years of making the same old, plain, sour cream cheesecake, I decided to become a bit bolder. I'm broadening my "cheesecake horizens", as it were.
Here's a chocolate chip cheesecake recipe made famous by "Eli's Cheesecake" in Chicago. People actually stand in line waiting to get into Eli's for a slice....so you know it's got to be good!
(Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share with us? We'd love to hear from you!)
Thanks to Meemo for posting this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake:For the Crust
- 1 package (8 1/2 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces mini-chocolate chips
Pour batter into crust and bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake rest for another hour.
Remove from oven, let cool and refrigerate.
Important Cheesecake Tips:1) all your ingredients should be at room temperature!
2) combine everything on low or medium speed (do not overmix)!
3) running the tip of a sharp knife around the top edge right after baking, plus cooling to room temperature before refrigerating will keep the cake from cracking.
4) If you follow these tips I guarantee that they'll work!
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top