You're Gonna Love This Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe!
I've been on a coffee cake mission, so when this recipe caught my eye I decided to bake it this weekend. Let me tell you, it didn't dissappoint and as a matter of fact, there's only one piece left...and it's only Sunday afternoon! Interested in the last piece? I'll put the coffee on!
A big "THANKS" goes out to Rorie for sharing her photo of Apple Buttermilk Coffee Cake! I was browsing on flickr.com and she served as the inspiration for this web page!
Start a Cookbook Collection Today!
So treat yourself or buy a gift for your favorite chef by clicking here to purchase Simple Home Baking.
Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe (with apples)Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. To prepare the cake, combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until syrupy, stirring frequently; cool.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended; add egg and extracts, beating well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition.
4. Spoon the batter into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple mixture over cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon buttermilk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It's a Piece of Cake!
Welcome To My Site!
All the recipes here are free and I hope you enjoy them.
As you can see from my picture, I recently finished grad school. Needless to say I'm up to my eyeballs in debt! I needed a way to pay back my student loans and found one through Sitesell!
This little website earns enough money each month to pay back my loans (with some extra $$$ left over for me!) So whether you're a recent grad like me, a student, or just in need of some extra income let SiteSell help you build a web business.
| Chocolate Cakes | Coffee Cakes | Cheesecakes | Cupcakes |
| Template Design | Logo Design |
2009. easy-cake-recipes.com All Rights Reserved
Return to top